He who places his hope on thee, O Virgin all-glorious, will prosper in all he does.

Inscription on Byzantine coin during reign of Romanus III



Sunday, September 23, 2007

Catechisms and Anglicanisms

Fr. Stephen has expressed his intention of writing an Orthodox catechism. I commented in forthright fashion.

Well...at least he'll be able to testify at Judgment that I once gave him a cup of cold water.

While I'm on the subject of Fr. Stephen, let me sing his praises for a moment. He's a good example of what I love about Anglican-tradition believers and, especially, Anglican-tradition converts to Orthodoxy. He and I agree on little other than Orthodoxy, but he brings to the table articulate erudition, good humor, and collegiality. He's a real pastor, and, as a bonus, his parish's nave is pewless.

No comments: